When it comes to natural beauty and richness, it is hard to beat the look and warmth of real hardwood. Like most floor covering products, hardwood has changed dramatically over the last few years. Never out of fashion, hardwood floors can add real value to the home. With proper maintenance, these floors can last a lifetime! This can make the price over the life of the product very economical.
Tips for Choosing Your Perfect Hardwood
- What level of the home will the wood be placed in?
- If you want to do the basement, or anything below ground level, you will need to go with an engineered wood. Engineered wood is 100% natural wood that is sliced thinly into several cross sections. These thin pieces of natural wood are laid at a 90 degree angle from the previous piece. This assures the customer that once the wood is laid, it will not be able to expand and contract with the changes in moisture most commonly associated with basements and spaces below ground level.
- What type of wear do you want to see on your floor?
- Some woods are very soft and will dent and scratch easily. If you are looking for a more durable wood that is more resistant to animal nails, stiletto heels, or general wear and tear, you will want a harder wood.
- What type of wood construction best suits your tastes?
- There are generally four types to chose from, and we have a large sampling of each one. They include: 3/4 Solid Hardwood Flooring (Unfinished or Pre-finished), Engineered Wood (Unfinished or Pre-finished), Longstrip Wood Planks (Pre-finished) or Parquet Tiles.
Hardwood can be very confusing, so please stop in and let our expert staff guide you to the right wood floor for your home.